We are all facing unprecedented challenges as a result of the COVID-19 crisis, and in these difficult times, your concerns are our concerns.
Please know that the health and safety of our members, staff, and the communities we serve are of vital importance, and we will do everything in our power to uphold our commitments to them during this uncertainty. Our management team is relying on the most up-to-date information from the CDC and World Health Organization, along with state and local authorities.
If you have questions about your accounts or our response to the continuing public health crisis, we stand ready to work through it with you.
Regulation D Transfer Limits Temporarily Suspended*
Regulation D (Reg D) caps the amount of electronic account transfers for consumers at six per month. Recently the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) authorized credit unions to waive limits on such transfers.
To soften the economic effects of COVID-19 and to ensure Gain Members have quick and easy access to their finances, Gain has temporarily suspended this limit.
*In response to COVID-19, the Federal Reserve has removed the transaction limit under Regulation D for credit unions. Due to the Federal Reserve’s announcement that it is eliminating reserve requirements, credit unions now have additional incentives to avoid the monthly transfer limit found in Regulation D. While Regulation D’s transfer limit has not been eliminated outright, credit unions can work around it by reclassifying share or money market accounts as transaction accounts without incurring new reserve requirements. This is a temporary waiver of Regulation D.
Call Center & Live Chat Hours
Monday - Thursday - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday - 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
NOTE: Live Chat is available when you login to Online Banking.
Local - (818) 846-1710
Toll-Free - (800) 622-3328
24/7 Card support (818) 846-1710 Press #2
News and Updates
This section will serve as a resource to keep you up to date on the most recent service changes and steps you can take to protect yourself during the trying times ahead.
- We will continue to adjust our lobby availability according to guidance issued by local, state, and federal authorities. For the latest news on branch availability, please visit GainFCU.com/Updates.
- Our Call Center and Live Chat will maintain their regular hours.
- Our ATMs located at Fotokem, Burbank High School, and Burbank Police and Fire Departments are unavailable due to their campuses being closed to the public. The ATMs at our Burbank and Pacoima branches as well as the ATMs at Burbank Airport (which are free for Gain members) remain available.
- We are limiting our branch capacity according to local mandates.
- We have temporarily stopped offering live loan consultation in our branches.
- Auto loans, personal loans, and all other consumer loans can be addressed by phone at (818) 846-1710 or by using our online application found at GainFCU.com/Apply.
- Home loans can be addressed through our Home Loan Department at (818) 846-1710 or by using our online application found at GainFCU.com/Mortgage.
- Members who are experiencing any financial hardship should contact our Loan Servicing Department at (818) 846-1710, Ext 401. Our team is prepared to assist you with a variety of possible solutions.
- To make payments from another financial institution to Gain, visit GainFCU.com/EZ-Pay for instructions on how to transfer funds by ACH/Debit Card.
- We ask that members exhibiting signs of illness do not enter the branch.
- We ask that members observe social distancing practices and leave 6 feet of space between themselves and others. Distances are marked for your convenience.
- Our ATMs and other surfaces will be disinfected regularly.
- We now have clear barriers in both locations.
- Face coverings are mandatory for all staff and members.
- We have closed our Member Restrooms in the Burbank branch.
- We have temporarily removed the self-serve coffee station for members.
- We have cancelled all credit union events, seminars and other gatherings (including Independent Advantage courses and Shred Day) until further notice.
- We have postponed our 2020 Annual Meeting and Elections to September 16
- We have elected to accelerate the planned closure of our Cabrini branch (originally scheduled for April).
Steps you Can Take
- Utilize online banking as much as possible. To learn more visit GainFCU.com/Online.
- Download our Mobile App at GainFCU.com/Mobile.
- The night drop at our Burbank branch is available 24/7. It's the quick and easy way to drop off deposits, documents and more without going inside the branch.
- Follow our social media channels and News and Updates page for the latest developments:
- Our members have access to more than 30,000 surcharge-free CO-OP ATMs nationwide.
- The spread of COVID-19 has led to an increase in fraud. Please be aware that the credit union will not ask for confidential information such as full social security number, passwords, or PIN numbers to verify your account. Learn more at GainFCU.com/Corona-Scams.
- Rest assured that your funds are insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA. Learn more at NCUA.gov.