We have an opening on our team.
Call Center Representative
Some of the responsibilities for this position are:
- Greet members and guests on the phone in a courteous and professional manner.
- Answers telephone/secure mail inquiries from members regarding loan and deposit services, credit, debit and ATM cards, account information, transfer requests, withdrawals, stop payments, check supplies, or any other member request concerning products and services of the credit union.
- Responds to the members’ inquiries regarding the operation of accounts, access to services, account usage charges, interest rates on savings and loan products, resolving account discrepancies, and assisting members to make the most effective use of services offered by the credit union.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or equivalent preferred but not required
- Two years financial institution experience, preferably in IRA’s, new accounts and loan processing or other call center experience preferred
Loan Servicing Clerk:
Under general supervision and in accordance with established policies and procedures, provides clerical support to the Loan Servicing Departments. Performs advanced and complicated clerical duties requiring considerable judgment independent analysis and detailed knowledge of departmental procedures. Possesses a thorough knowledge of policies and criteria concerning all job related responsibilities.
Some of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for following DMV procedures for the purpose of tracking the titles. Duties include printing current month “New Loans this Period” report to track loans funded in prior month; printing each loan from Episys screen showing member number, name, description, VIN#, and when loan was funded; running DMV CVR Report for lien holder and registered owner information; and using a excel tracking file containing status of title.
- Responsible for timely release of titles using DMV reports
- Associate can handle DMV paperwork through the West Covina DMW office by mail or if needed travel to the local DMV office to expedite the process
- Ensure that all documentation and file maintenance is accurate and complete
- Generate, monitor, report and update statistical information to Loan Servicing Manager regarding collection activities
- Assure all notifications are accurate and sent in a timely manner (i.e. delinquency notices and letters)
- Responsible for checking and verifying non-routine bills, schedules, receipts, invoices and other documents; maintaining complicated records requiring classification and compilation of varied information
- Performs complicated reconciliation and control functions, and complies special studies where analysis of complicated data is required
- Should be able to independently answer correspondence, handle inquires, complaints or adjustments
- Follow up and maintain accurate accounting of all payments received on charge-off loans or accounts in the hands of collection agencies
- Follow up and maintain all data regarding member claims for disability, GAP, and warranties
- Assist members with disputes regarding negative reporting of credit obligations
- Minimum of one year DMV experience preferably in a financial institution
- Or one year minimum Clerical experience preferably in a financial institution
Loan Servicing Specialist
In accordance with established policies and procedures, the Loan Servicing Specialist helps control delinquencies. Stays current and complies with all Federal and State rules and regulations; collection laws; repossession laws; foreclosure laws; and Bankruptcy laws. Provide support in Loan Servicing for real estate and consumer loans. Has a thorough knowledge of policies, procedures and guidelines concerning areas of job responsibilities.
Some of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Work collection queues on delinquent loans, collect payments.
- Apply creative problem solving tactics in the collection of pertinent data
- Ensure that all documentation and file maintenance is accurate and complete.
- Generate, monitor, report and update statistical information to the Loan Servicing Manager regarding collection activities.
- Assure all notifications are accurate and sent in a timely manner (i.e. Delinquency notices and letters).
- Responsible for the telephone collection of all delinquent loans beyond 31 days past due. Responsible for recommending final resolution of these accounts.
- Follows-up on daily basis on any promises not kept. Recommends repossession to supervisor for final review and approval.
- Recommends workout loans and extension agreements for final review and approval. Initiates basic skip tracing techniques to locate member for recovery of security and legal action.
- Follow up and maintain accurate accounting of all payments received on charge-off loans or accounts in the hands of collection agencies.
- Represent the Credit Union in dealing with Attorneys, small claims court, auto repossession, collection agencies and Bankruptcy Courts.
- Follow up and maintain all data regarding member claims for disability, GAP, and warranties.
- Assist members with disputes regarding negative reporting of credit obligations.
- Order vehicle repossessions and home foreclosures on delinquent loans when required. Process service disconnection for Visa debit and credit card when required. Turn over accounts to attorney for further action when required.
- File claims in Small Claims Court and attends hearings to present evidence in support of Credit Union’s claim.
- Real Estate and accounting experience preferred but not required
- Previous knowledge or experience servicing investor quality mortgages, experience 1-5 years
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.